Tuesday 1 May 2012

An Introduction...

Welcome to the Slasher Movie Blu-Ray Blog. For a while now I've been doing my best to collect the ultimate Slasher Movie collection on Blu-ray. I've been posting in a couple of threads across the net and updating on my collection for a year or two now. I thought it might be fun to set up a Blog to go along with the project.

By no means do I consider myself a authority on the technical aspects of Blu-Ray but I'll do my best to give my opinion on the picture quality and value of the disc as well as the films.

Its quite possible that every so often you'll scratch your head and wonder why I consider some of the films on my list Slasher Movies. I'm pretty wide in my interpretation of the Genre. There's your Slashers such as Friday the 13th, Halloween,  Hatchet, Scream etc which I think most would agree are the staple. But then you have your Mutant family Slashers such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, House of 1000 Corpses, Hills Have Eyes etc or Supernatrual Slashers like Candyman, Dark Night of the Scarecrow and Husk. Not to mention Italian Giallo's like Suspiria, Deep Red and Torso. Basically I'm going by what I personally feel fits the criteria inevitably some will seem to fit more so than others.

As of the moment of posting I currently have 90 Slasher Movies on Blu-ray but there are obviously some gaping holes in my collection yet to be plugged. Not to mention the hundreds of titles that will hopefully be released in the future. One of the main aims of this Blog is to try and make it easier for people all over the net to see what is available and where. I've spent a fair bit of time trawling around gathering as much info as possible and I plan to relay that info here.

Please if you know of Slashers on Blu-ray I've missed from either my current collection or from my list of currently available titles I don't currently own let me know. Its a work in progress that particularly this Blog may take me a while to get the hang of. So bare with me.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment